The Producer interviews LA Prop, Wardrobe and Product Stylist Anne Ross about her recent project in Amsterdam. We ask her about her process when she travels internationally, and she shares some of her tips for traveling for work.
TP: What are your personal “must-haves” for travel accessories?
- An office supply kit (receipts, receipts, receipts)
- A warm scarf/wrap comes in very handy on the plane, in a cab, and on set
- A standing magnifying mirror. Hotel bathroom mirrors often have horrible lighting, so I prefer to move my mirror to the window to get a more realistic view for makeup...even though half the time I’m getting ready while it’s still dark out
- USB cords & chargers
- Euro-plug curling iron. I don’t want to risk burning out my nice curling iron with an adapter.
- Snacks. My personal favorites are Kind bars, fruit leather, apples, string cheese and peanut butter crackers.
- The WhatsApp application is very helpful for texting and communicating without necessarily needing an international phone plan.
Be sure to check out Anne’s other articles:
Working Internationally: Travel Tips with Stylist, Anne Ross
Exploring Amsterdam with Stylist Anne Ross