EDITORIAL / COMMUNICATIONS INTERNSHIP
Do you want to be involved in building a community of creatives? Want to peek behind the scenes of the photo industry & learn how photo shoots really get pulled off?
We’re looking for a highly efficient, organized and enthusiastic individual to fill a central role in assisting with THEPRODUCER.COM editorial content & communications in our NoHo offices.
You will be responsible for assisting with a range of copy deliverables and content management across our web platform & social media. This is a part-time internship, looking to fill immediately.
- Researching & developing editorial content, including assistance during interviews or event coverage
- Transcriptions & editing original interviews and content
- Concepting & writing weekly website postings
- Assisting the editorial team in managing the website and scheduling posts through SquareSpace web platform
- Scheduling MailChimp newsletters, maintaining contact lists, event calendars & editorial spreadsheets
- Creating copy / assets for social media and collateral such as decks, media kits, talk slides and event material
- Marketing/Social Media assistance
- Opportunity for authorship of your own pieces to be published on the site
- Minimum commitment of 19 hours per week.
- You will work closely with the editor, producer & graphic designer
- Recent college grad in fields such as Journalism, Communications, Creative Writing, PR, Marketing or related area
- Excellent verbal and written communication, research & editing skills
- Articulate, efficient, organized and proactive. Capable of working independently with excellent follow-through and meticulous dedication to detail
- Eager to learn with a positive attitude, flexibility & hard-working spirit
- Computer literate - GoogleDocs, MS Office. Apple Keynote & Pages a plus.
- Proficient in SquareSpace & Mailchimp
- Flexibility under competing time requirements and changing deadlines. Excellent focus and ability to prioritize work.
- Must be able to work 19 hours/week, provide own Mac laptop and work from our NYC offices in NoHo.
TheProducer is an international online resource for the photography community featuring the best in the business - producers, photographers, location scouts, prop stylists, hair & makeup artists, manicurists - those of us working behind the scenes to make the magic happen. We provide a community to the photo production industry & foster collaboration while providing key industry insights. TheProducer offers a visually engaging platform that supports, connects and explores the photo production world.
Community, Curiosity, Creativity, Integrity, Passion, Enthusiasm, Efficiency, Resourcefulness
This is an unpaid internship with a stipend for local transportation. There will be opportunities to attend events or interviews, suggest or contribute original content, and occasionally work remotely. Our offices are in NoHo Manhattan, near the 6/B/D/F/M trains.
Please send resume with references and portfolio to email@example.com with “EDITORIAL INTERN” in the subject line.